More and more people are entering the winemaking hobby as it enters the mainstream. Greater access to quality grapes, high quality kits and new equipment and supplies have made winemaking one of the fastest growing hobbies in North America. WineMaker magazine is leading the way with expanded editorial and circulation. Our aggressive promotions will increase our readership with new subscription initiatives and new newsstand distribution in 2015.
- 62,900 readers per issue
- Over $49 million spent annually by readers on winemaking supplies and equipment.
- 320,790 winemakers advised by readers annually on selection of supplies and equipment.
- 4,347,648 gallons of homemade wine produced by readers annually.
- Over $62 million spent annually by readers on commercial wine.
Reap the benefits of our aggressive marketing plans for 2015!
We invest in promotions like no other magazine in the industry to deliver new prospects for you!
- Newsstand Promotions - We will add to our current network of over 6,000 bookstores and 250 home winemaking shops carrying our magazines. Plus, we now sell hundreds of copies in winemaking shops in the United Kingdom and Australia. We will also invest in a variety of in-store promotions at large bookstore chains such as: Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million and Chapters.
- Internet Promotions - Online subscription offers will run on Amazon.com, our own WineMakermag.com and other wine-related websites.
- Package Inserts - Over 500,000 promotions will be placed in homebrew and winemaking retailer customer bags and catalogs this year.
- Direct Mail Campaigns - Over 500,000 new subscriber pieces will be mailed!
- Gift promotions - Over 100,000 direct mail pieces will be sent during the holiday months to WineMaker subscribers encouraging gift subscriptions to their winemaking friends and family.
Editorial: Packed with Information and Fun for all Levels!
WineMaker is fun as well as informative. We get dozens of letters every month and they say the same thing: "This magazine is written just for me. It is easy to read, I always learn something."
Reader involvement is the signature of the magazine - our pages are loaded with people pictures, reader tips and contests. We cover the entire hobby from beginners to advanced and from wine kits to fresh fruit.
WineMaker Covers the Entire Home Wine Industry!
- Number of years subscribers have been making wine:
- 3 years or less: 28%
- 4-8 years: 31%
- 9 or more years: 41%
- Readers make wine from a combination of concentrates, juices and fresh fruit.
- Kits: 51%
- Concentrates: 12%
- Juices: 41%
- Fresh Grapes: 64%
- Non-Grape Fruits: 32%
- Active Hobbyists:
- Each WineMaker reader makes an average of 7.2 batches a year.
- Spends an average of $782 a year on home winemaking equipment and supplies.
- Spends an average of $998 purchasing commercial wine a year.
- Influential Buyers:
- Each reader advises an additional 5.1 other people a year regarding their selection of home winemaking equipment & supplies and influenced 5.4 people to start hobby winemaking.
- Buying Power:
- Average household income $128,086
WineMaker Advertising Delivers!
- 82% have purchased or plan to purchase a product directly as a result of an advertisement they read in WineMaker.
- Last year, 85% of our advertisers ran in multiple issues and 60% ran on a full year contract. They didn't run long-term contracts because we are nice guys (which we are) - they ran because advertising in WineMaker really works!
- WineMaker advertisers receive hotlinks on winemakermag.com so readers can learn more about your products right away! This service is FREE!
37,000 Paid Copies!
With an estimated one million home winemakers in North America we have plenty of room to grow. That's why we promote so heavily with direct mail and other marketing tools. Our efforts have paid off. WineMaker circulation doubled in size over the past decade and we continue to attract new hobbyists as subscribers - that means fresh prospects for you!
- 25,000 Paid Subscribers (print and digital editions)
In 2015, we will send out 1.5 million new subscription pieces.
- 10,900 Copies Sold on Newsstand
WineMaker is sold in over 6,250 locations, including virtually every major bookstore chain and key newsstand in North America.
- 1,100 Copies Sold in Homebrew and Home Winemaking Stores
WineMaker is sold in 250 winemaking supply stores in special point-of-purchase displays.
Each copy sold has an additional 0.7 person pass-along readership according to our reader survey.
- Total readership 62,900!