COVID-19 Update: Our 2020 event is still on, but the actual judging will be delayed. Due to concerns with COVID-19 and the safety of our dozens of wine judges and support staff, we are postponing the actual judging of wine entries in the WineMaker International Amateur Wine Competition from mid-April until late June. The thousands of wine entries already received are now stored securely in a climate-controlled warehouse near WineMaker’s office until late June when it will hopefully be safe to assemble the judges and support staff needed for the full weekend of judging. With our planned WineMaker Competition Awards Dinner no longer taking place on May 30 in San Luis Obispo, California, we will instead be only using email and social media to first announce the winners. All entrants will still be mailed their judging notes and any winners will also receive their medals and certificates by mail this year.
As a result of this postponement we have reopened accepting wine entries again. The new deadline for wines to arrive will be June 1 if you missed our earlier March 17 date due to the impact of the current health crisis.
Thanks from all of us at WineMaker for your understanding and patience as we work through this quickly changing landscape with the goal of still providing expert feedback from experienced judges on your entries. Your bottles are tucked away safe and sound in climate-controlled comfort until late June. Be safe, be well, and cheers!
New Entry Deadline! ENTER YOUR BEST HOMEMADE WINES, CIDERS, AND MEADS IN THE WORLD’S LARGEST COMPETITION FOR HOBBY WINEMAKERS!
PREPARE YOUR ENTRIES NOW! NEW ENTRY DEADLINE: JUNE 1, 2020
Three Ways to Enter:
(1) Click here for the online entry form to print and mail-in with your wine entries and payment.
Year after year the WineMaker International Amateur Wine Competition is the largest of its kind in the world. Enter your wines, ciders and meads and compete for gold, silver and bronze medals in 50 categories awarded by a panel of experienced judges. You can gain international recognition for your winemaking skills and get valuable feedback on your entries from the competition’s judging panel.
Click here for the 2019 WineMaker Magazine International Amateur Wine Competition Recap
Best of Show Dessert
Best of Show Country Fruit
Best of Show Mead
Best of Show Sparkling
Best of Show Estate Grown
Best of Show Kit/Concentrate
Category medals (gold, silver and bronze) will be awarded thanks to our category sponsors:
1. White Native American Varietal
Sponsor: LOGIC, Inc.
2. White Native American Blend
3. Red Native American Varietal
4. Red Native American Blend
5. Blush/Rosé Native American
6. Red or White Native American Late Harvest and Ice Wine
7. White French-American Hybrid Varietal
8.White French-American Hybrid Blend
9. Red French-American Hybrid Varietal
10. Red French-American Hybrid Blend
11. Blush/Rosé French-American Hybrid
12. Red or White French-American Late Harvest and Ice Wine
14. Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
Sponsor: Vinland Wine Racks
17. Sauvignon Blanc
18. Other White Vinifera Varietals
19. White Vinifera Bordeaux Style Blends
20. Other White Vinifera Blends
21. Cabernet Franc
Sponsor: Five Star Chemicals & Supply, Inc.
22. Cabernet Sauvignon
Sponsor: Grape Expectations – New Jersey
Sponsor: Bader Beer and Wine Supply
Sponsor: Purple Toes, Inc.
Sponsor: The Beer Essentials
Sponsor: The Beverage People
28. Other Red Vinifera Varietals
29. Red Vinifera Bordeaux Style Blends
30. Other Red Vinifera Blends
Sponsor: Label Peelers Beer & Winemaking Supply
31. Blush/Rosé Red Vinifera
32. Red or White Vinifera Late Harvest and Ice Wine
33. White Table Wine Blend (Any Grape Varieties)
34. Red Table Wine Blend (Any Grape Varieties)
Sponsor: Gino Pinto Inc.
35. Blush Table Wine Blend (Any Grape Varieties)
36. Grape & Non-Grape Table Wine Blend
37. Apple or Pear Varietals or Blends
38. Hard Cider or Perry
39. Stone Fruit (Peach, Cherry, Blends, etc.)
40. Berry Fruit (Strawberry, Raspberry, Blends, etc.)
41. Other Fruits
43. Fruit Mead
Sponsor: Moonlight Meadery
44. Herb and Spice Mead
Sponsor: Ancient Fire Mead and Cider
45. Flower or Vegetable
46. Port Style
47. Sherry Style
48. Other Fortified
49. Sparkling Grape, Dry/Semi-Dry or Sweet
50. Sparkling Non-Grape
E-mail email@example.com with any questions about the competition.