COVID-19 Update: Our 2020 event is still on, but the actual judging is now delayed until August 21-23 due to a local COVID outbreak temporarily closing regional event facilities. The thousands of wine entries already received continue to be stored securely in a climate-controlled warehouse near WineMaker’s office until late August for the full weekend of judging. All entrants will be mailed their judging notes and any winners will also receive their medals and certificates by mail in September as a result of this delay.
Thanks from all of us at WineMaker for your understanding and patience as we work through this quickly changing landscape with the goal of still providing expert feedback from experienced judges on your entries. Your bottles are tucked away safe and sound in climate-controlled comfort until late August. Be safe, be well, and cheers!
Year after year the WineMaker International Amateur Wine Competition is the largest of its kind in the world. Enter your wines, ciders and meads and compete for gold, silver and bronze medals in 50 categories awarded by a panel of experienced judges. You can gain international recognition for your winemaking skills and get valuable feedback on your entries from the competition’s judging panel.
Click here for the 2019 WineMaker Magazine International Amateur Wine Competition Recap
Best of Show Dessert
Best of Show Country Fruit
Best of Show Mead
Best of Show Sparkling
Best of Show Estate Grown
Best of Show Kit/Concentrate
Category medals (gold, silver and bronze) will be awarded thanks to our category sponsors:
1. White Native American Varietal
Sponsor: LOGIC, Inc.
2. White Native American Blend
3. Red Native American Varietal
4. Red Native American Blend
5. Blush/Rosé Native American
6. Red or White Native American Late Harvest and Ice Wine
7. White French-American Hybrid Varietal
8.White French-American Hybrid Blend
9. Red French-American Hybrid Varietal
10. Red French-American Hybrid Blend
11. Blush/Rosé French-American Hybrid
12. Red or White French-American Late Harvest and Ice Wine
14. Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
Sponsor: Vinland Wine Racks
17. Sauvignon Blanc
18. Other White Vinifera Varietals
19. White Vinifera Bordeaux Style Blends
20. Other White Vinifera Blends
21. Cabernet Franc
Sponsor: Five Star Chemicals & Supply, Inc.
22. Cabernet Sauvignon
Sponsor: Grape Expectations – New Jersey
Sponsor: Bader Beer and Wine Supply
Sponsor: Purple Toes, Inc.
Sponsor: The Beer Essentials
Sponsor: The Beverage People
28. Other Red Vinifera Varietals
29. Red Vinifera Bordeaux Style Blends
30. Other Red Vinifera Blends
Sponsor: Label Peelers Beer & Winemaking Supply
31. Blush/Rosé Red Vinifera
32. Red or White Vinifera Late Harvest and Ice Wine
33. White Table Wine Blend (Any Grape Varieties)
34. Red Table Wine Blend (Any Grape Varieties)
Sponsor: Gino Pinto Inc.
35. Blush Table Wine Blend (Any Grape Varieties)
36. Grape & Non-Grape Table Wine Blend
37. Apple or Pear Varietals or Blends
38. Hard Cider or Perry
39. Stone Fruit (Peach, Cherry, Blends, etc.)
40. Berry Fruit (Strawberry, Raspberry, Blends, etc.)
41. Other Fruits
43. Fruit Mead
Sponsor: Moonlight Meadery
44. Herb and Spice Mead
Sponsor: Ancient Fire Mead and Cider
45. Flower or Vegetable
46. Port Style
47. Sherry Style
48. Other Fortified
49. Sparkling Grape, Dry/Semi-Dry or Sweet
50. Sparkling Non-Grape
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the competition.