OVER 2,300 HOMEMADE WINES, CIDER AND MEAD WERE RECENTLY JUDGED IN THE WORLD’S LARGEST COMPETITION FOR HOBBY WINEMAKERS!
RESULTS WILL FIRST BE ANNOUNCED THE NIGHT OF SATURDAY, MAY 18 AT OUR ANNUAL AWARDS DINNER. WINNERS IN ATTENDANCE WILL COME FORWARD TO RECEIVE THEIR MEDAL AND CERTIFICATE IN PERSON.
Click here if interested in attending the awards dinner taking place this year in Traverse City, Michigan!
Year after year the WineMaker International Amateur Wine Competition is the largest of its kind in the world. Entries were received from all 50 American states, 5 Canadian provinces, 6 countries and as far away as the Australia represented for the 2019 competition resulting in a total of 2,305 wines entered.
Results will first be announced on the evening of May 18 and any winners in attendance will be recognized to come up and receive their medals and certificates. Winners will be listed here on the website by Monday, May 20 with a PDF file available of all winners. All entrants will be mailed their judging notes and any awards they have won the week of May 20.
Register here for the 2019 WineMaker Conference
Best of Show Dessert
Best of Show Country Fruit
Best of Show Mead
Best of Show Sparkling
Best of Show Estate Grown
Best of Show Kit/Concentrate
Category medals (gold, silver and bronze) will be awarded thanks to our category sponsors:
1. White Native American Varietal
Sponsor: LOGIC, Inc.
2. White Native American Blend
3. Red Native American Varietal
4. Red Native American Blend
5. Blush/Rosé Native American
Sponsor: The Beer Essentials
6. Red or White Native American Late Harvest and Ice Wine
7. White French-American Hybrid Varietal
8.White French-American Hybrid Blend
9. Red French-American Hybrid Varietal
10. Red French-American Hybrid Blend
11. Blush/Rosé French-American Hybrid
12. Red or White French-American Late Harvest and Ice Wine
14. Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
Sponsor: Vinland Wine Racks
17. Sauvignon Blanc
18. Other White Vinifera Varietals
19. White Vinifera Bordeaux Style Blends
20. Other White Vinifera Blends
21. Cabernet Franc
Sponsor: Five Star Chemicals & Supply, Inc.
22. Cabernet Sauvignon
Sponsor: Grape Expectations – New Jersey
Sponsor: Bader Beer and Wine Supply
Sponsor: Purple Toes, Inc.
Sponsor: The Beer Essentials
Sponsor: The Beverage People
28. Other Red Vinifera Varietals
29. Red Vinifera Bordeaux Style Blends
30. Other Red Vinifera Blends
Sponsor: Label Peelers Beer & Winemaking Supply
31. Blush/Rosé Red Vinifera
32. Red or White Vinifera Late Harvest and Ice Wine
33. White Table Wine Blend (Any Grape Varieties)
34. Red Table Wine Blend (Any Grape Varieties)
Sponsor: Gino Pinto Inc.
35. Blush Table Wine Blend (Any Grape Varieties)
36. Grape & Non-Grape Table Wine Blend
37. Apple or Pear Varietals or Blends
38. Hard Cider or Perry
39. Stone Fruit (Peach, Cherry, Blends, etc.)
40. Berry Fruit (Strawberry, Raspberry, Blends, etc.)
41. Other Fruits
43. Fruit Mead
44. Herb and Spice Mead
Sponsor: Ancient Fire Mead and Cider
45. Flower or Vegetable
46. Port Style
47. Sherry Style
Sponsor: Alexander Jules
48. Other Fortified
49. Sparkling Grape, Dry/Semi-Dry or Sweet
50. Sparkling Non-Grape
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the competition.